Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Brief Introduction

Good day.

I would like to take a few moments to introduce myself and explain the reason for this blog, A Surreal Memory. Essentially, this blog is to both show myself to the world at large, and also showcase / chronicle my attempts to break into the film industry. I am an aspiring screenwriter currently living in Birmingham, AL, and I know I want to be in the L.A. area to pursue my career. There's just one catch: I'm currently living in Birmingham, AL.

You see, I am currently applying for several jobs with production companies with the hopes of landing a steady job that will allow me to make the move. Of course, it's a double-edged sword paradox: no one wants to hire me because I'm not there, but I can't move there until I find work. Heck, I'm even willing to move on my own dime!

What I'd really like to do is scriptreading for a production company.

I currently have several screenplays in the works, and several spec scripts submitted into a competition. Wish me luck as I chase my dreams and attempt to find my beautiful future!

No comments:

Post a Comment